Tuesday, September 8, 2009

GayUganda - Ignorance is a curse (and so is petroleum jelly)

Short story.

Ok, I had a very, very long night. Out partying. Continued sleeping into the early afternoon. And what with sex and sleeping again. Am exhausted!!!!!! Oh well, one is only young once. Let us party….!

Someone, a visitor to Uganda, came across this blog. Was kind of tickled. He decided to write a long letter to me. Instructive.

There were a couple of paragraphs that I would like to share with you. This is his experience. In his words.

“Reading your blog today about the water based lube, reminded me of a discussion I had with one of the guys when I was there. They had had a meeting of lgbt people shortly before I visited. They had discussed the use of condoms and someone mentioned that condoms were being used and people were still getting AIDS. The problem was attributed to the fact that being made in India and old, they tended to break. Then in my conversation with my friend , he mentioned they were using petroleum jelly. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted. I said "A--, if you use PJ, there is no point in using a condom!" He informed me that non of them could afford to buy KY jelly . I had a large tube of KY with me (hope runs eternal), I gave him the KY and later learned several people used it and as we say here, it was the best thing since sliced bread.”

Read the rest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...