Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Inspire, Motivate, Organize and Mobilize


“My name is Harvey Milk, and I’m here to recruit you”

That’s a war cry, if I ever heard one.

A Roadmap for Community Organization and Mobilization - Harvey Milk


by Alex Hillmanof Dangerouslyawesome

Over the weekend, I sat down to watch Milk, a documentary about the life story of Harvey Milk as the first openly gay public official.

The story of Harvey’s work for the gay rights movement is inspirational in itself. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be going into the details of that here since I really, really want people to go see the movie.

What I do want to mention is the importance of Harvey’s technique for tactically inspiring, motivating, organizing, and mobilizing a community to action and making things happen. I really think that four step process, in cycles, is a powerful technique and worth reflecting on. And that’s why we’re here, right?

Read the whole thing here. (And you should! It's dangerously awesome.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...